Saturday 6 June 2015

For the Man in your Life - Neil Walker




Morning all,

It's the weekend!!!

And the shop is going to be very busy today and tomorrow!
Do try and pop in if you can, there will be lots to see.

Well, we are here with Neil today,
he has made a fabulous masculine project.


This is what Neil says .....

Well, as I am kind of the only man in my life this week was an
 opportunity to make something for me LOL so I thought I'd make
 a trio of post it note holders. One for the desk, one for the car and
 one for the pocket.........





Use your post it notes as a guide to trim white card to the width,
 score, fold and trim to size to form the cover.


Colour each piece with Distress ink in your choice of colour
 (The darker colours are better).


Spritz your chosen images with water and stamp onto the card.
 Hold in place for a few seconds; remove the stamp and roll
 some paper towel over to remove excess water and colour. 
This leaves you with a washed out faded image.
 Repeat for all 3 covers.


Stamp over your washed out images using a matching colour of 
archival ink to bring back the detail.


Add further detail to the covers by using a stencil and moist wipe to
 take colour away and then moving the stencil and adding further
 layers using Distress ink in a colour (I used Walnut Stain).


Add detail and colour to the inside of the covers that will
 be visible too.


Seal this with DecoArt Acrylic Matte Finish Aerosol Sealer to 
protect the colours and add the post it notes. Edge the notes
 with the matching Distress ink used on the cover.


To finish, I raided my stash and made some vintage tape wraps
 for each pad.

These are amazing, thank you Neil.
I really think you should try these.

So, this is what you need -

Archival Ink - Plum
Tim Holtz Layered Stencil - Shatter


That's it for this week folks, 
I'll be back tomorrow with our new Weekly challenge.

What's it going to be this time???

4 comments:

  1. I am falling in love with distress inks after a time of not using them. Shame on me, I know. These are really cool, wish I had the aeroplane stamp, so vintage. Bless you, Neil, being the only man in yr life.... 'almost' feel sorry for you? But you have lengthened my "need" list so perhaps not. Tfs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this double stamping technique, wonderful projects!

    Just back from the Craft Barn and I am excited to burst by what I have seen demo-ed. My mojo has been found and re-awakened...
    My advice, don't miss it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you had a good time, we thoroughly enjoyed the day. Think we'll keep the interactive demos where possible as they seemed to work really well. Off home now, but back tomorrow with a completely different crew :0) sandy xx

      Delete
  3. wow, such a neat ink techniques and such neat post it booklets. Definitely need to make my husband some, he's always writing everything down on little notes :-)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.