Friday 26 February 2016

Clean and Simple - Dawn Heald




Helloooo,

How are we all today?
Not feeling too cold I hope.
It's been trying to snow here a bit but
not a lot so no settling.  Think we have got
off quite lightly so far this winter!  
Fingers crossed it stays like this until 
Spring.

We have decided to have a
Clean and Simple week, we 
don't do this enough but I think
a lot of crafters find it very 
difficult!  It's knowing when to
stop ha ha!!
So how are you at Clean and Simple?

Today, we start with Dawn,
let's see what she has been up to.... 


Hello Crafty friends, Clean and simple
 doesn't come easy to me. I see lots
 of wonderful clean and simple cards 
but I like to fill and add little bits and
 bobs to my cards. So here is my 
simple card using Kadoodle Princess Daisy.
 This is a lovely stamp to use especially 
with the rubber being good quality to
 stamp with. I've shown two versions.


Gather supplies.


Trim and stick background
 paper to card blank.
Stamp, colour and paper piece Princess 
Daisy. Attach to card with foam pads.


Stamp Happy Birthday onto cream card,
 cut out and stick to top corner.
All pieces edged with ground Espresso ink.
Finished.


Then to make it a Dawn creation I had 
to add a bit more, but still keeping
 it simple. 
I simply cut out a few images from one
 of the background papers, inked, glued
 in place and added some Stickles 
Glitter glue to flowers.


I hope you like this. I am definitely going 
to try making more clean and simple cards
 this year and really bring down the amount
 of elements I use. So keep an eye on 
the blog here you'll know if I manage
 it.
 Thanks for looking today x Dawn

Well, we look forward to that Dawn, 
I don't think you'll be able to do it - haha!!

Products Used -

From stash - Square card blank

Well that's it for today,
see you tomorrow,

Jane x


2 comments:

  1. I like CAS and can do CAS, the difficulty is when finished, you think "it doesn't look like much"... and the urge to add something, just to show you've actually put some effort into it, is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have to say I think the first card is my favourite. The extra elements on the second weaken the focus. The first version is lovely. I like CAS but rarely use patterned paper as a background but I love this, and that little strip of brown grounding. I have a couple of Kadoodle stamps and love their bold simplicity. This little princess is adorable. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.