Wednesday 19 October 2016

Pumpkin Scarecrow & Halloween

Pumpkin Scarecrow & Halloween



This week we have lots to inspire you with
for your Halloween makes and we start
with a project from

Dawn Heald:




I grunged up the Tando Creative Cobweb, 
by painting on a layer each of 
Crackle Paste, 
white Snowflake paint and Starlights Pearl paint. 
Allow each layer dry before adding the next. 
Finally I dabbed on Gunmetal Stickles.


I made a background board for the Web to go on. 
I did this by cutting a square of thick cardboard recycling a delivery box. 
Next I glued on layers of torn book pages. 
When dried I sanded the edges, 
then added stencil patterns with Grunge Paste. 
I put Grunge Paste around the edges too.
When dry I painted a thin layer of 
Starlights Orange Oxidised and Antique Pink paints
all over the board, allowing the book page printing to
show through in places.
Then I rubbed Alchemy Wax Lavender over the Grunge Paste.


To go with the Web, I made a spider with hat from Air Dry Clay.    

I painted the spider with Black Gesso and his boots and hat with Liquid Pearls.  
Also dabbed some Liquid Pearls and Gunmetal Stickles to the Spider   
Embellishments.

To finish I glued the Web, Spider and Embellishments 
to the background board and added some 
Stickles Glitter Glue lines for pieces of Web 
and some black gems.



Products used 

Thank you Dawn, I love that cheeky spider.  
This would be a fun project to make with the 
children

See you all tomorrow
Mickie xx









5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Dawn, I love your spider.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Dawn, what a lovely spider. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - but eeekkk with the spider x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really charming project. I love the little spider no one could be frightened of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spider is great, so well made. Fun project!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.