Saturday 25 February 2017

Rice Paper


Rice Paper

Hi there!

Today is the last day
in the Rice Paper set.
Hope you have enjoyed these
projects as much as I have

Today's project will take
your breath away...........

Here is Hazel Harler to
talk you through her
gorgeous project:


" I needed to make a thank you card for a neighbour
 and thought it would be nice to make a tea light card.


I searched the internet for a template and
 found one made by Crafters Companion. 
I cut the card and box from green card



I covered the card and box with a some pretty rice paper
 and attached some ribbon and lining to the inside of the card, 
then I die cut a window in the top of the box.


I glued a piece of acetate insideof the window 
and glued the box to the card 
leaving the opening for the tealights at the top


I lightly dry brushed some white acrylic paint 
on the front of the card being careful 
not to cover the birds. 

The two flowers were stamped onto tissue 
paper with black archival ink


I stamped some script onto the cover and then 
cut out the flowers and glued them to the card.


I coloured a tag with watercolour and stamped the flower. 
I'm going to write a note on this for my neighbour.
 The box was filled with tea lights."




Many thanks Hazel.  I'm sure your neighbour
was delighted to receive such a lovely Thank You


This would make a really nice card/present
for every occasion.  

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gift for someone, love it Hazel xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and kind thank you gift. Thank you for sharing this lovely idea, do you have a link to the template that you found?
    I love the rice paper that you used and the stamping on the tissue paper looks gorgeous, where did you get you rice paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gift idea Hazel, could be the answer to some ' Christmas ' small present problems 👍 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and so useful. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.