Saturday 10 June 2017

One for the Boys


One for the Boys


Hallo again!

Oooh!  Don't you just love
Saturdays?  You can stay
in bed and grab a few minutes
to yourself to read your
book or perhaps a magazine
before you start another
hectic day............luxury.....!

Here's Angela Radford with 
a super card and don't forget
Father's Day is coming up
very soon.......

"Hi all. I've been having fun again with
 the Seth Apter stamps which are just great
 for a masculine card, so here we go! 

Started by making a Masterboard using 
set 1. Seth paints by PaperArtsy, 
applying this with a brayer.


To make the shade of blue I wanted 
I just mixed the Midnight blue and Buff together. 

You can get so many different shades just by 
mixing these colours


I love layering my designs so decided
 to start with some velum and embossed
 this with silver embossing powder.


The finished velum pattern.



Next I added detail to the Masterboard. 
The black images were done using embossing ink 
and black embossing powder and the red were
 stamped with the Mahogany paint from the set


 More background papers, again blended paint 
stamped with one of the star stamps.


Close-up of the design.


These are the stamps I've used.





Then it was time to start putting the card together. 
I cut some of the Masterboard to make tags
 and the star background, masterboard and velum were 
cut into three varying size squares and layered together, 
attached with silver brads. 

The tags were trimmed and attached. 

I also used one more of the stamps for a focal image. 

Almost thought I had finished however....


It seemed a shame to waste the snippets 
of tag so I attached those too and finished off
 by adding some white paper clips that were just 
hanging around in my stash. 



So that's it really, One for the Boys? what do you think?

Happy crafting, Angela xXx


Products Used.
Seth Apter Stamps: Here & Here


Wow!  Thanks for a great
card Angela


Think I'll spend some time making
some master boards - always useful 
to have aren't they?  Especially when
you need a card but haven't much
time...........


'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful effect with all those layers Angela, and could be used for so many occasions X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane. Have great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, you really are the Queen of masterboards, I love the ones you created and the finished card is superb! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are one of the nicest people I know. Thank you so much for the lovely comment. Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.